Eating on the Road


Eating on the Road...
Well, not really sitting on the road and eating or not roadside eating, either....
Question: "What should the focus be if you are driving the backroads from Denver to Indianapolis?" After googling this and that about Nebraska and Kansas, and after stopping to see Willa Cather's girlhood home in Red Cloud, Nebraska, and following the old Oregon Trail for a bit, we decided that what grabbed our attention the most was Road Food. In Homestead, Nebraska, I had my first encounter with
Watermelon Pie!
and so I had to turn my experience into ART.
You can even make some pie for yourself.

Comments

  1. The pie looks great but the picture looks amazing! I'll have to try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie was better than I thought....a little like cheesecake. The IDEA of the pie was more interesting. Did you know that Jackson, County, Indiana, in southern Indiana, claims to be the "WATERMELON CAPITAL OF THE WORLD"? I'll be checking out their Watermelon Pie.

    Does anybody else have any local recipes for me to try (and paint!)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts